Choosing An Engagement Ring
Your fiancée will wear her engagement ring every day for the rest of her life, so here are some handy tips to help you choose the right ring.
– Look at her existing jewellery wardrobe. The jewellery your partner has will give you hints about her personal style. If she owns a lot of sterling silver or white gold, then she is a cool-metal person, making a white gold an ideal choice. If she has more yellow metals, then she is a warm-metal woman, so stick to yellow gold or rose gold.
– Figure out her personal style. Does your fiancée-to-be like traditional or non-traditional designs? If she prefers bold and funky jewellery, she probably doesn’t want a very classic engagement ring.
– Pay attention. Note her reaction to other women’s engagement rings. You can discover her clear preferences that way.
– When in doubt, ask one of her friends. Find a trustworthy friend who knows her style. He or she will be able to get a lot of information that you can’t obtain without sounding suspicious.
– Shop with her. Couples often shop together for their engagement rings and wedding bands. Want to surprise her? Narrow down the selection between two or three rings so she won’t know exactly which one she will receive. Then plan the date, location and a memorable style.
– Shop with a reputable jeweller. At the end of the day, where you shop is the most important factor. Shop with a jeweller you trust who will walk you through the process.